WhatsApp now has one billion active users. On Monday the Facebook own company revealed the news via official blog.
In the post by Whatsapp, company said that
We are proud of this milestone, and we’re humbled by the extraordinary ways all of you have used WhatsApp. Whether it’s sharing vital information during natural disasters orhealth emergencies, finding a date, growing a small business, buying an engagement ring, or seeking a better life – we’re honored to be a small part of what people are doing to make their lives and the lives of those around them better.
On the other hand, Facebook post by Jan Koum, CEO and co-founder of Whatsapp revealed the various statistics of the service till date. According to that 42 billion messages along with 1.6 billion photos and 250 million videos are sent everyday. It have 1 billion groups from all around the world. Statistic also confirms the 57 Engineering staff which is working for providing better service.
A seven year old company was acquired by facebook in Feb 2014. From past 2 years, Messanger service has introduced many new features and working on many. Lately During the New year eve, Whatsapp service was down for hours. Hope so that the company will come with really cool features in coming years.
Latest posts by Frederick Damasus (see all)
- Kapersky Lab Discovers Zero-Day Vulnerability Attacks on Asian and African Banks - November 24, 2016
- This South African School is Offering Degree course in Gaming - November 19, 2016
- Paystack introduces online payment for Nigerian merchants with Shopify Accounts. - November 15, 2016
- Samsung’s Exploding Device Problem: The Galaxy Note 7 isn’t Alone as Samsung Recalls its Top-Loading Washers - November 5, 2016
- Kaspersky Lab to improve cybersecurity in Africa, signs MoU with Smart Africa Alliance - October 31, 2016