When it comes to the future of work there are a few key trends which business leaders need to pay attention to. Understanding these trends will allow organizations to better prepare and adapt to the changes which are impacting the way we work.
Now your team may be spread across three continents, working from offices and hotel rooms and homes. While face-to-face contact is still the gold standard, it isn’t always possible.
As promised in our last post here are some of the best apps for collaborating across time and space. Download a few from Device App Store (Windows, Apple and Android) and get going!
1. Workfrom: Find a private or public place to work, meet, or have lunch or drinks in major cities around the world.
2. Slack: Bypass cumbersome email with messages and documents that users can share teamwide across platforms. Includes social media integration.
3. Trello: Project management based on a system of cards and project boards.
4. Dropbox: Access and share folders. Great for exchanging large files, collaborative work, and backups.
5. Evernote: A robust and hugely popular notebook and productivity program that functions as a paperless office. Integrates well with productivity systems based on Getting Things Done.
6. Meldium: Password management for teams. A central website lets members give others access to the information they need without sharing passwords.
7: Hackpad: Collaborative documents that allow people to work together in real time.
8. Draft: Collaborative writing tool allowing teams to write, edit, and explore documents together.
9. Sunrise: Calendar and planner that integrates to popular apps like Facebook, Evernote, and Trello.
10. Skitch: Evernote app that lets you annotate documents and images by adding arrows, text, and other information to screenshots and images.
11. Zapier: Automates all kinds of processes, from Slack bots to auto-tweets.
12. iDoneThis: Prompts each member of your team via email to record the day’s activities, and then compiles responses into a digest and distributes it teamwide.
13. Asana: Fosters collaboration and productivity with tools for organizing tasks, assigning responsibilities, and maintaining goals.
14. GoToMeeting: Simple connectivity for video conferencing.
15. iMeet: Combines video and audio calls with document sharing.
16: yaM: Stands for “yet another meeting.” Streamlines planning, scheduling, and note taking for virtual and face-to-face meetings.
17. Box: Enterprise-friendly file sharing and collaboration.
18: Momentum: A personal dashboard that displays everything you need to get motivated, stay on track, and accomplish your goals.
19. Yugma: Web conferencing with shared desktops and files.
20. Pocket: Helps keep you focused by allowing you to save articles to read offline when you have some downtime.
21. Focus@Will: Streams background working music to foster concentration and attention span, using principles of neuroscience.
22. Boomerang: Scheduled email sending and reminder service.
23. Buffer: Social media management that supports variable schedules. Allows optimized posting with advance scheduling.
24. Hootsuite: Popular social media management dashboard.
25. 1Password: Team-oriented password management and security.
26. Docady: Converts your camera-equipped smartphone into a scanner.
27. PandaDoc: A comprehensive solution that allows you to create, deliver, and electronically sign proposals and other documents.
28. Solo: Project management, time tracking, invoicing, and other business functions for freelancers.
29. Rescue Time: Individual dashboard and analytics to help team members maximize their use of time.
30. Every Time Zone: An easy-to-use reference to coordinate scheduling for those with teams spread across the country or world.
31. World Time Buddy: Time zone reference with great coverage of areas outside major cities.
32. Wunderlist: Tracking and scheduling program for to-dos and other lists.
Latest posts by Frederick Damasus (see all)
- Kapersky Lab Discovers Zero-Day Vulnerability Attacks on Asian and African Banks - November 24, 2016
- This South African School is Offering Degree course in Gaming - November 19, 2016
- Paystack introduces online payment for Nigerian merchants with Shopify Accounts. - November 15, 2016
- Samsung’s Exploding Device Problem: The Galaxy Note 7 isn’t Alone as Samsung Recalls its Top-Loading Washers - November 5, 2016
- Kaspersky Lab to improve cybersecurity in Africa, signs MoU with Smart Africa Alliance - October 31, 2016