Not only is the Facebook App a performance hog, but it’s a huge battery killer, especially in combination with the Facebook Messenger app. If you want to improve performance of your smartphones (Android, iOS), you may want to consider deleting the facebook app.
Although the Facebook app reportedly drains your phone’s battery, it does provide conveniences. A lot of other apps plug into the app to make sharing easier, for example. If you take a photo on Instagram, you’ll lose the ability to immediately share it to Facebook via the app.
If you’re willing to trade slight conveniences for better battery, though, here’s what you need to do:
1. Open your phone’s browser (Preferably Chrome)
2. Access the “Menu” from Facebook.com
3. Scroll down to “Account Settings”
4. Tap “Notifications”
5. Select “Mobile”
6. Tap “Turn On”
You can turn on different notifications you see there.
Latest posts by Frederick Damasus (see all)
- Kapersky Lab Discovers Zero-Day Vulnerability Attacks on Asian and African Banks - November 24, 2016
- This South African School is Offering Degree course in Gaming - November 19, 2016
- Paystack introduces online payment for Nigerian merchants with Shopify Accounts. - November 15, 2016
- Samsung’s Exploding Device Problem: The Galaxy Note 7 isn’t Alone as Samsung Recalls its Top-Loading Washers - November 5, 2016
- Kaspersky Lab to improve cybersecurity in Africa, signs MoU with Smart Africa Alliance - October 31, 2016