At long last, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus has been unveiled. The big reveal was almost ruined by apple themselves as their Twitter handle “let the cat out of the bag” before Tim Cook started speaking. They have since deleted all tweets from all such accounts. Confirming the leaks, the iPhone 7 will be water resistant, feature new cameras and has stereo speakers. The 3.5mm headphone jack is dead, Apple just buried.
Look & Design
Like we already know from leaks, both devices look similar to their predecessors, the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. The major difference is that the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus comes with a shiny aluminum finish called “Jet Black.” It also comes with a stainless steel Apple logo and the body is supposed to merge seamlessly with the glass display.
The camera for the new iPhones has been upgraded compared to the iPhone 6s & 6S Plus. The iPhones will have optical image stabilization and new quad-LED flash that outputs 50 percent more flash than previous iPhones. The iPhone 7 camera has a six-element, 1.8 aperture lens, a 12-megapixel rear sensor and a 7-megapixel front sensor.
The iPhone 7 Plus comes with dual 12-megapixel cameras that support both wide angle and telephoto — one lens handles 1x zoom and the other hands 2x zoom. The camera is capable of capturing photos with bokeh (blurred out backgrounds) with shallower depth of field.
The new iPhones will be powered by Apple’s new A10 Fusion processor. The new A10 fusion has a four-core CPU: two high-performance CPU cores (each 40 percent faster than the A9) and two high-efficiency cores that run at one-fifth the power to save battery life.
Water & Dust Resistant
The new smartphones meet the IP67 protection standard, good enough to be submerged in up to 3.2 feet of water for up to 30 minutes.
- 3.5mm headphone jack is gone. Instead, Earpods will connect via the Lightning port
- Wireless audio with the AirPods.
- Home Button relies on Apple’s taptic engine, just like new Mac trackpads.
- The iPhone 7 comes with a 4.7-inch Retina HD IPS display with 1,134 x 750 resolution at 326 PPI (pixels per inch).
- The larger iPhone 7 Plus comes with a 5.5-inch Retina HD IPS screen with 1,920 x 1,080 resolution at 401 PPI.
- Base model is 32GB, 16GB phased out.
- Pricing- The iPhone 7 will come in three storage models: 32GB ($649), 128GB ($749) and 256GB ($849). The iPhone 7 Plus also comes in the same storage models: 32GB ($769), 128GB ($869) and 256GB ($969). Pre-orders start on Sept. 9 and devices ship on Sept. 16.
Apple Watch Series 2
Apple also unveiled a new version of its Apple Watch. The new watch includes a faster processor, a brighter screen and a GPS chip for fitness tracking. It can be used while swimming because it is water resistant to a depth of 50 meters. Also a Pokemon Go app is coming to Apple Watch. The app lets you collect items from Pokestops, hatch eggs and alert you to nearby Pokemon (you still need your phone to catch actual Pokemon). It will be shipping before the end of the year.
Super Mario is Coming to iOS
One of the LG few surprises was Nintendo’s announcement. They announced a new Super Mario game for iOS called Super Mario Run. It’s the first iOS game featuring Nintendo’s Mario characters. The new game, which can be played one handed, will be released In December, just in time for the holidays.
The latest software update, available on Tuesday, September 13th, 2016. It will add more intelligence to Apple services like Maps, Photos, the iPhone keyboard and Siri, the voice-activated digital assistant.
Latest posts by Frederick Damasus (see all)
- Kapersky Lab Discovers Zero-Day Vulnerability Attacks on Asian and African Banks - November 24, 2016
- This South African School is Offering Degree course in Gaming - November 19, 2016
- Paystack introduces online payment for Nigerian merchants with Shopify Accounts. - November 15, 2016
- Samsung’s Exploding Device Problem: The Galaxy Note 7 isn’t Alone as Samsung Recalls its Top-Loading Washers - November 5, 2016
- Kaspersky Lab to improve cybersecurity in Africa, signs MoU with Smart Africa Alliance - October 31, 2016