Xiaomi, at an event in Beijing, unveiled a series of new devices starting off with its latest “Note” device. The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is the company’s latest rendition of its Note lineup coming few weeks after the company unveiled its flagship devices, the Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus. When Xiaomi launched the first of their Note series in 2015, it revolutionized smartphone design with its unprecedented use of 3D curved glass.
Xiaomi improves on that with the launch of the Mi Note 2. It comes with double the curves, a flexible OLED display and a 22.56MP (5488 x 4112) super high-res camera. At the front is an 8MP autofocus front shooter with Beautify 3.0. It also features a hardware-level Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) for steady 4K video shooting. The smartphone is equipped with 37 global bands, making Mi Note 2 LTE-ready wherever you are.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Specifications:
- Two-sided dual curves: Front + back 3D curved glass, this gives the feel of having “the golden wand”
- 7-series aluminum frame
- Ultra-thin 5.7” flexible OLED display, 77.2% screen-to-body ratio (Palm theater innovation)
- Snapdragon 821 at 2.35GHz (faster than Google Pixel at 2.15GHz) running heavyweight games as easy as the Sunday morning. A mobile gamer’s pride.
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM + 128GB UFS 2.0 Storage
- 22.56MP Sony IMX318 super high-res rear camera, f/2.0, 77º wide-angle lens; 4K video recording
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) hardware-level 4K video stabilization—independent 3-axis gyroscope detects and compensates for high-speed jittery movement
- 8MP front camera with autofocus for sharp selfies from any distance, Beautify 3.0
- Mi Note 2 Global supports 37 bands for worldwide roaming, including 22 LTE bands
- 4070mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- Full NFC functionality: Read, write, card emulation, P2P, Mi Pay ready
- HD audio quality, 192kHz /24-bit Hi-Fi sound quality for optimal disk jockeying.
- More than a pathfinder the GPS high-precision positioning with built-in sensor assisted positioning that allows it to be 4 times more accurate in urban environments and is able to provide navigation even during loss of signal
- Two colors: Piano Black and Glacier Silver
- MIUI 8
- Price: $416 (4GB + 64GB); $487 (6GB + 128GB); $516 (6GB + 128GB Global)
Latest posts by Frederick Damasus (see all)
- Kapersky Lab Discovers Zero-Day Vulnerability Attacks on Asian and African Banks - November 24, 2016
- This South African School is Offering Degree course in Gaming - November 19, 2016
- Paystack introduces online payment for Nigerian merchants with Shopify Accounts. - November 15, 2016
- Samsung’s Exploding Device Problem: The Galaxy Note 7 isn’t Alone as Samsung Recalls its Top-Loading Washers - November 5, 2016
- Kaspersky Lab to improve cybersecurity in Africa, signs MoU with Smart Africa Alliance - October 31, 2016