Paystack, Nigerian and US-based online payment platform, has launched an integrated payments solution for Nigerian merchants who use Shopify. The launch of this payments gateway means that Nigerian online retailers on Shopify will now be able to accept payments from anyone, anywhere in the world, using local and international payment methods.
This integration will only work for stores that have Naira as their default currency and will allow shoppers make payments using any method of their choice, including Mastercard, Visa, Verve or pay directly from their bank accounts.
According to the Co-founder and CTO Ezra Olubi of Paystack
“Working with Shopify to enable them to navigate the splintered world that is Nigerian fintech and online payments have been a brilliant experience for the Paystack team. We’ve long admired Shopify as an online merchant giant – their unique offering, global reach, product range and their ability to power a whole generation of online sellers is remarkable.
“Paystack’s mission is to transform and overhaul the interaction between business and consumers and to build a payments product for Africa to act as a catalyst for the continent’s online economy. Like us, Shopify sees massive growth opportunities in Nigeria and the rest of Africa when it comes to online commerce, and the first step for unlocking the continent’s potential is to develop a safe, reliable payments infrastructure that is trusted by both merchants and customers. This launch is an exciting first step for the market”.
Joel Bronkowski, Strategic Partnerships, EMEA at Shopify, said:
“We’re thrilled with the opportunity in Nigeria and Paystack’s launch will further allow merchants in the area to benefit from Shopify,”
“Shopify’s partner program aims to create opportunities for developers, designers, and consultants looking to help local businesses sell online. Along with recently signing our first experts in Nigeria, Ringier and CK Digital, we’re excited to partner with the next wave of African businesses to grow the e-commerce landscape in this region.”
How to Integrate Paystack as an online payment option on your Shopify
- Create a Paystack account if you don’t already have one.
- Visit https://paystackintegrations.com/shopify (this will take you to your store’s payment page) and click on “Paystack” in the drop-down menu.
- If you can’t find Paystack as a payment option, click on “Add payment option” and select Paystack. Then click on “Edit”
- Copy and paste your public and secret keys from Paystack. You can find them here
- Click on “Activate”, and you’re in.
Latest posts by Frederick Damasus (see all)
- Kapersky Lab Discovers Zero-Day Vulnerability Attacks on Asian and African Banks - November 24, 2016
- This South African School is Offering Degree course in Gaming - November 19, 2016
- Paystack introduces online payment for Nigerian merchants with Shopify Accounts. - November 15, 2016
- Samsung’s Exploding Device Problem: The Galaxy Note 7 isn’t Alone as Samsung Recalls its Top-Loading Washers - November 5, 2016
- Kaspersky Lab to improve cybersecurity in Africa, signs MoU with Smart Africa Alliance - October 31, 2016